Nowadays, as we are getting into a modern world, some people are getting lazy in making their body sweats. Instead of walking in a nearby block, they prefer to ride in their car. Instead of using the stairs, they prefer to use the elevator. Some want to keep on laying down the whole day while watching movies, and because of lack of exercise, lots of diseases are coming out. One of the common health problems that adults usually have is blood pressure problems.
What is blood pressure?
Blood pressure is the pressure of the blood that is pushing against the walls of the blood vessels, and it uses millimeters of mercury or mm Hg as measurements. This blood pressure is written as two numbers as 100/70 mm Hg. The top number is called systolic, and it is the pressure when the heart is beating. The bottom number is the diastolic or the pressure when the heart rests between beats. The blood pressure is normal if it is lower than 120/80 mm Hg.
What is High blood pressure or hypertension?
If the blood pressure is more than 130/80 mm Hg, it is already considered as high blood or hypertension. Those who have extremely high blood pressure will feel one or more of these: severe headaches, fatigue, vision problems, chest pain, difficulty in breathing, irregular heartbeat, or more.
Who are at risk of High Blood Pressure?
They say high blood or hypertension is a silent killer, and one should be cautious about it. So, to avoid this, one should learn if he or she is at risk of it. Therefore, here some of the factors that one should consider checking or changing.
· Those who are cigarette smokers or always expose to a cigarette.
· Those who are having an unhealthy diet, such as consuming a high amount of sodium, low consumption
of potassium, or drinking too much alcohol.
· Those who are having diabetes, high in cholesterol, or being obese or overweight.
· Those who are physically inactive.
· Those who are having obstructive sleep apnea or chronic kidney disease.
· Those who are getting old.
· Those who have a family with a hypertension clinical record.
· Those who are stressful.
What is the risk of high blood pressure if it is not going to be addressed properly?
If the person is hypertensive, he or she should make a way to lower it to avoid any problems in the future, because if it is not going to be addressed properly, hypertension will lead to a heart attack or stroke, or even the thing, death.
What to do to lower the blood pressure?
· Have a healthy diet – eat foods with low sodium, low trans-fat, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and food
rich in potassium.
· Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
· Have a healthy body weight.
· Be more active or do some vigorous activity daily.
· Follow your physician's advice and take the prescribed medicines.
However, as high blood pressure may be dangerous, also low blood pressure or hypotension is not good for a person, and thus it should be taken into consideration.
What is low blood pressure or hypotension?
Low blood pressure or hypotension happens when a person has an abnormal blood pressure lower than 90/60 mm Hg. This can happen either because of dehydration or serious medical disorders. Those who have this problem may feel one or more of these symptoms like dizziness or lightheadedness, fainting, blurred vision, nausea, fatigue, and lack of concentration.
Who are at risk of this low blood pressure or hypotension?
Everyone may have low blood pressure, but the following are more prompt to this:
· Those who are more than the age of 65.
· Those who take some medications, like alpha-blockers and others.
· Those who are suffering from a certain disease like Parkinson's disease, diabetes, heart conditions, and so on.
What will be the complications of low blood pressure or hypotension?
Low blood pressure or hypotension can cause dizziness, weakness, fainting, and injuries in falling. However, if the blood pressure is too low, the body of that person is being deprived of not having enough blood that can lead to heart and brain damage.
What to do with low blood pressure?
In treating low blood pressure, the doctors are usually going to check what are the causes of it before giving treatment or lowering the dosage of the medicine of the patient. However, the goal here is to make the blood pressure higher, and the following can be done:
· Use more salt. If in high blood pressure, the salt intake should be lower, here it is on the reversed side.
· Drink more water. Water can help to relieve dehydration, which is one cause of hypotension.
· Try to wear compression stockings. These compression stockings will help in reducing the pooling of the blood, which might be the reason for having low blood pressure.
What is an alternative treatment for blood pressure problems?
Aside from changing one's lifestyle, there is a newly found alternative treatment for blood pressure problems - and that is, using CBD oil. CBD oil is found to be an alternative relief from inflammation, anxiety, and blood pressure problem like hypertension.
How can CBD oil relieve High blood pressure?
CBD oil can work as a calming effect on the body. As the body will get calm, so the blood pressure will also lower.
CBD oil can help reduce anxiety and stress, which is one of the causes to make the blood rise.
CBD oil has an anti-inflammatory property. Inflammation can trigger blood pressure, so combating it can lower it.
However, if you are having hypotension or low blood pressure, CBD oil is not advisable to be taken. This is because CBD oil works to lower the blood but not to make it higher, but if you have low blood pressure due to Parkinson's disease, then CBD oil can help relieve the symptoms of Parkinson's.