TPD Compliant Wholesale E-Liquid
As of May 20, 2016 there is a new set of rules and regulations to follow concerning e-cigarettes, e-liquids and all other related items used in connection with these products in the UK and Europe. It is called TPD, and it is essential that every wholesaler in the nation be compliant with these regulations. Also, in May 2017 the grace period ends and all rules will be strictly enforced, so you had better make sure that your business is in complete compliance.
This new law has sent shivers of fear up and down the spines of e-cigarette and e-liquid wholesalers and resellers throughout the land, as they worry that the new regulations are too intrusive, and will be too difficult to meet the standards of. This, however, is not true. Here's what to look for in a TPD Compliant wholesaler of e-liquids:
Knowledge of the TPD Rules
There doesn't seem to be anyone left on the planet who doesn't know that the TPD laws will become fully operational in May of 2017. Once this date is reached, it will no longer be possible for wholesalers to provide, or resellers to sell any product which fails to conform to the new rules.
As of November 2016, wholesalers haven't been permitted to import any item that isn't presently being contemplated for compliance with the TPD. The one option left is that up until the May 2017 date, wholesalers can still provide these items to resellers until the stock is emptied, and the reseller can still sell these items if they have been imported prior to that date.
Besides knowledge of the current rules, your wholesaler has to have the willingness to implement them without constantly searching for loopholes or making excuse for their failure to measure to what is required.
Look for a wholesale supplier who is one of the top companies in the UK and has a longstanding reputation for staying at the forefront of the market. This means that they should not only sport the testimonies hanging on the wall, but have a wide customer base to point to and suggest references from. Anyone can boast about themselves, but you need to hear other people say the words. That's how you can ensure that they are both TPD compliant, and honest.
Wide Variety of E-Liquid Flavors
This is very important. The e-liquid supplier you choose must have a vast array of flavors for you to choose from. These must all be TPD compliant, and should range from the traditional tobacco, to fruit flavors, to many other options. Not only that, but you should be certain that they have been tried and tested and that your customers are going to like them enough to actually buy them. It won't do you any good to have a wide variety of unusual flavors and none of the usual ones your customers demand. Try to find a balance, because this will have a powerful effect on the success or failure of your business.
Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because a flavor is exotic, or has a name that sounds appealing, your customers will buy it. They have to like the taste or they won't go anywhere near it.
TPD Compliant Wholesale E-Liquid And Investment
Remember that you are making an investment in your wholesaler, not just purchasing products from them. You need to do business with someone who is professional, cares about following the rules and regulations, has done their research into various flavors in order to have the best quality, and genuinely wants to help you succeed using their products. What you want to avoid is ending up tied to someone who you don't trust, perhaps don't even like, and being forced to continue doing business with them.
This is why it is said that you are making an investment in your wholesaler, because it is not only a financial investment, but an emotional one as well. You need to be able to trust each other or the relationship simply will not work.
What Else to Expect From a TPD Compliant Wholesaler of E-Liquids
- If they are based in the UK they should be using ingredients that come 100% from the UK and that are of pharmaceutical grade. It is essential for the health and well being of your customers and your business's future that their ingredients be of the purest quality. Furthermore, these ingredients should be developed in clean laboratories which are of pharmaceutical grade standards. There's no excuse for slipshod work being done in an unsanitary, unprofessional laboratory and your customers will call you out on this if this is the case.
- The wholesaler's name should be a renowned one that has an excellent reputation that is known all around the UK. You don't want to involve yourself with someone who is just starting out themselves and hasn't learned all the ropes yet, nor do you want to risk receiving substandard e-liquids. It doesn't matter if you are aware of the problem or not, your business will suffer for it.
- They should also provide reasonable pricing for all their e-liquids. If you feel that they are overcharging, then you should speak up, and if necessary, take your business elsewhere.
- It's also imperative that they have a professional, experienced customer service staff that is friendly and willing to help and advise you, plus is also informed about the TPD regulation. It's your right as a client to expect that your questions and concerns will be addressed in an efficient and timely manner. Not only that, but it is vital to your business, and your own ability to keep your customers happy. Remember that satisfied customers keep coming back, and that's what you need for your business to succeed.
- The wholesaler you choose to work with should always have large amounts of the products you buy on hand so that you can buy even more of the products, and thus receive a larger profit. This is for times when you are feeling particularly flush and know that you will be able to sell any extra items that you purchase.
Once you find the right e-liquid wholesaler who is TPD compliant, you will be able to form a bond with this person. It is a bond based on mutual trust and goodwill, and over the passing years it should flourish, with both of you seeing an increase in profits. But you must first ensure that the wholesaler is TPD compliant, so that neither of you will experience problems in the future if this is lacking.